There are a few things that you should check before installing your continuous drainage option to make sure that it runs smoothly.
Check the drainage hose
1) The drainage hose must not be elevated; it must be draining downwards.
2) Always run the continuous hose to free flow into a drain or sink.
3) Avoid running the continuous hose into a bucket. As the bucket begins to fill up and immerse the end of the hose, water will seep back up and could cause a leakage.
4) Check the hose and the hose mouth is clear of obstruction or residue. It is important to periodically clean and flush the hose, as over time the hose may be clogged up with dust residue or mould. Any residue inside the hose or the hose outlet can cause blockages.
5) Check the hose is not kinked.
Check the external air temperature
When draining the hose to the exterior of your property and the outside temperature is below the operating temperature, the water may be frozen and the hose will be blocked.
Check the floor surface
Ensure the dehumidifier is placed on an even level surface.
Check the room temperature
Make sure that the room temperature is within the operating temperature range of the dehumidifier .
Always put a protective sheet underneath your dehumidifier when you first install the continuous hose to protect the flooring.